Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What's the weather like tomorrow?

OK, I’m so ready for the sun and heat of spring and summer to start. The cold and rainy days are I know ”Life”. I still wouldn’t mind maybe a small chunk of warm weather to run in maybe once every 3 weeks or so. It’s kind of funny because I vividly remember on my 22 mile training run for Phoenix last year, on a cold freezing rain day, running down the Burke saying or yelling to myself “ NO MORE TRAINING THROUGH WINTER!”. And thinking last year at the end of the Pumpkin Push,‘ Just 3.1 miles away from having to run in the cold’. Well, I can’t understand what happened, one minute I’m sitting on the couch munching on cheez-it’s and the next I’m looking at the 29 degree weather as I’m strapping on my forerunner. I blame AK, or Moose for having lousy conversations on the couch???

Moose blowing the candles out on his birthday cake this last year.

With this years training starting out in December it’s hard to get up and face another 28-38 degree weather run or “ cringe, yuck “ bike ride. I can run in most any weather, for better or worst, but unless I’m caught in it and have no choice, I can’t bike in ice cold weather. However, seeing the progress this far in my swim and strength training, as well as keeping my weight at “fighting weight”, even over the holidays is a great payoff.

I got to take out the new bike the other day for a quick 20 minute ride down to Green Lake and back. I can’t wait to get it fitted and start doing longer training rides. Speaking of rides, last Saturday I took George on a ride with Eileen. George was running really smooth and felt like a champ on the hills. He was running good enough to let me keep up with Eileen, which isn’t the easiest thing to do most times. She’s training for the STP this year, to finish in one day. Totally cool.

No comments: