Thursday, February 14, 2008

Nasty little week

So this week started with the thought in mind of 'careful what you ask for' as I about melted on my run Tuesday morning. The sun was out and I called work to let them know I was on my death bed and out the door I went. I only had 4 miles on the day scheduled, but remembered a story in Runner's World saying that in the winter months if a day presents it's self in full sun and all the scenery of spring or summer, make that your long run day and call in sick. So I pushed out 6.75 miles and about half way through was looking foe a cloud or two to cover the relentless sun. I loved it, later that day however and did go home sick and have been feeling it ever since. Hot behind the eyes with an upset stomach. Plus , I've whacked my head three times in the last two days !?!? Still got off two great swims and a good core workout. I've felt sick all week, but I think I'm going to hit the 5.5 hours of training I'm looking this week. Weird? I'll take it........

No comments: