Sunday, November 9, 2008

Laying low...


This has been a much needed rest over the last three weeks. I see daily all the people out training for whatever's on their schedule and I can't wait to be back joining them. I get restless and down right grumpy when I don't workout or train in some sort of schedule.
However, I know myself and I knew that "burn out" was just around the corner.

As you can see I haven't signed up for anything and that's probably the first time in a few years I haven't had that carrot out there pushing or pulling me towards the start line.

Feels kind of freeing. I know that this next year will be covering new ground and not doing a lot of the same races and schudules as the last few years. I have a marathon to look forward to and jumping into my first 70.3 race. The training will be more intense and longer, so I can really enjoy this time anyway from all things athletic.

Of course there is still running w/ Penny.

Also, Alley (AK) is a few weeks away from running the Seattle Marathon, first time doing the full in Seattle. She's been out and about on mornings before work putting in her miles, in the dark I might add. She's looking and feeling ready for the hills that Seattle throws at you.

I'll be cheering her on with Penny from the roadside.

No comments: