Wednesday, December 2, 2009

And we're off...

December 1st, training for the 2010 Tri Season starts. Ready or not...

I've waited for about 3 months now and feel really good about starting back up. On the plus side I haven't added too much weight on and my fitness never really got lost in the slow down. I've added strength training and core workouts to the off season, as most do. This is the first year I've really tried to stick with it, I try and treat it as I would a swim workout or track workout. I'm not very fond of gym strength workouts....

Anyways, I was hitting the pool about 3x a week there for about 4 weeks and was feeling solid on form, then I started building a roof on our deck and my shoulders started hurting from either the swimming or the building so I stopped the swimming for a few.

Tried over the last few weeks to get a few trail runs in, 1-2 a week of 5 miles or so. Nothing too taxing, but also got some much needed hiking in, first time in about 2 years -CRAZY. I think 5-6 nice big hikes with Alley and the dogs. It's hard to believe that surrounded by all these mountains and volcanoes no less, that it's been two years...

So up first in what is a string of one event to the next until Canada is the 12ks of Kirkland. Should be a really fun race, pacing will be interesting, longer than a 10k, but shorter than a half marathon. Seems like pace could go at around 7:23 for 10k / maybe a bit slower, never know...

Well there will be plenty to report on and plenty to write about in the next several months so hold on and here we go....

No comments: